Private Proxy, How it works
Private Proxy is an encrypted proxy that not only hides your IP address, but also encrypts your Internet surfing sessions to keep you safe and protected.
Hiding your IP address is as simple as pressing Connect!
The Basics on Private Proxy
- Register for the trial and define a username and password of your choice. Please do not use special characters for your username and password. A download link will be supplied and an e-mail with your subscription information..
- Download and install the software.
- From the desktop icon, launch Private Proxy.
- Enter your username and password.
- Choose a location to connect to, then press Connect.
- At this point you should be connected to one of the servers.
- Launch your browser and your IP address will be hidden.
- It is as simple as that!
Private Proxy, Behind the Scenes
- When your surfing traffic is routed through our proxy servers, 128-bit SSL encryption is applied to your surfing traffic.
- The anonymous proxy servers have multiple IP addresses associated with each and randomly rotate every 30 minutes on the half hour.
- You can disconnect from one anonymous proxy server and then select another anonymous proxy server to hide your IP address more often than every 30 minutes..
- You can disconnect from one of the anonymous proxy servers and return to surfing with your normal IP address.
- You can install the software on as many computers as you like, but you can only access the anonymous proxy servers from one computer at a time. Access to the anonymous proxy servers is based on your username and password.
- All the anonymous proxy servers are privately owned, so only our customers have access.
- The anonymous proxy servers don't look like proxies which can be blocked. We mask the URL of the IP addresses with innocuous web site names.
Did You Know?
Your IP Address Shows the Where You are Located In
When accessing a web site, they know where you are located based on your IP and the are able to block you based on your location. By hiding your IP address, your location is hidden from these web sites.
Free and Public Proxies are Dangerous
There are unscrupulous people using the Internet and if you access one of their public or free proxies, you could be in danger. They can monitor what you are doing while browsing the Internet and can capture your personal information.
Open WiFi Networks (Libray, Hotel, Hotspots, Airports, and School) Censor the Internet sites that you Visit
These open WiFi networks are trying to protect their servers by controlling what you access. These restrictions are in place for very specific reasons but sometimes they can go a little overboard with their controls. When you hide your IP address, you are now using the anonymous proxy servers IP and they are unable to control what you have access to.
US TV is Blocked Abroad
Some people think that US programs are blocked overseas because of advertising. The truth is that there are copyright laws associated with where the networks can broadcast these shows.They block you based on your IP address location. With an IP hider, you can watch your favorite US programs and listen to your favorite radio stations while traveling overseas.
Local Sports Games are Blacked Out
The networks want you to attend these local games in person so they block your IP address location from seeing these local events. When you hide your IP address, you can bypass these blocks and watch your local team play.
Open WiFi Networks (Hotspots, Airport, Library,Hotel, and School) are NOT Secure
Because these networks are open and have no security, your information is at risk from some hacker monitoring your Internet traffic and stealing your personal information. With an anonymous proxy that is secure, these hackers can not capture your information because it is encryped.
Your ISP and the Search Engines Keep a Log of Your Internet Activity
Your ISP has to do it because of legal reasons. The search engines say they are doing it to enhance your browsing experience by basically creating a profile on you. They track the sites you visit and build a profile so they can show you advertising that fits your profile. By hiding your IP address, they are basically profile all our users and not just you as an individual.
Web Sites and Forums Can Ban You By Using Your IP Address
Moderators are in responsible for these forums and if they don't like a comment you make, they can ban you from the forum. Some web sites monitor your activity and apply algorithms to decide if you should be banned. This could be a money making site for you. Their algorithms can be a little overboard and block you unnecessarily. If you delete your cookies and hide your IP address then create a new username, you general get around the ban.
Some Countries Have Internet Censorship
There are countries that takes this censorship to the extreme making the Internet useless, especially if you are doing while working abroad. By hiding your IP, you can get around this censorship and accomplish your job.